If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Just fill out your contact details and choose ‘health and wellbeing’ in the list. Our newsletter, e-bulletin is sent fortnightly and contains news, updates and latest advice from the Gambling Commission and DCMS.
Anyone can get monkeypox, particularly if you have had close contact, including sexual contact, with an individual with symptoms. People who are gay or bisexual and men who have sex with men remain disproportionately affected. UKHSA is working closely with partners across the country, including event organisers and venues, to raise public awareness of monkeypox symptoms so everyone has a safe, happy and healthy summer.
The ‘old guard’ is effectively being replaced by fresh talent including ex-Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK judge Michelle Visage, Waterloo Road actress Angela Griffin, and DJ Spoony. A new study finds that exposure to ‘forever chemicals’ on many household goods can significantly increase a person’s liver cancer risk. Initial symptoms include fever, headache, muscle aches, backache, swollen lymph nodes, chills and exhaustion. A rash can develop, often beginning on the face, then spreading to other parts of the body.
- If you are attending large events over the summer or having sex with new partners, be alert to any monkeypox symptoms so you can get tested rapidly and help avoid passing the infection on.
- The infection can be spread when someone is in close contact with an infected person, however, there is a very low risk of transmission to the general population.
- Currently most cases have been in men who are gay, bisexual or have sex with men, so it’s particularly important to be aware of the symptoms if you’re in these groups.
- Monkeypox is usually a mild self-limiting illness, spread by very close contact with someone with monkeypox and most people recover within a few weeks.
- There are currently 5 confirmed cases in Scotland, 2 in Northern Ireland and 1 in Wales, taking the UK total to 196.
If you have a rash or blisters, stay at home, phone a sexual health clinic, and get tested. Please be vigilant for any monkeypox symptoms in the coming weeks – especially if you are having sex with someone new. The evidence ianforsythphotographer.com relating to the transmission of monkeypox through semen is limited at the present time. In line with the World Health Organization’s guidance, UKHSA is now advising people to use condoms for 12 weeks after infection.
Thailand pub owner charged after fire kills 15 people, injures dozens
The UK Health Security Agency has published its first technical briefing on the ongoing monkeypox outbreak. The briefing shares UKHSA analysis with other public health investigators and academic partners. UKHSA guidance for close contacts of a confirmed monkeypox case has been updated. This means close contacts won’t need to isolate at home if they don’t have symptoms. The latest cases bring the total number of monkeypox cases confirmed in England since 6 May to 9, with recent cases predominantly in gay, bisexual or men who have sex with men .