This helps to improve and modify what we do to help meet the needs of our students. To aid your learning we provide feedback on your assessments in addition to the marks you receive. Our Departmental Examinations Team is also available should you have any assessment queries. Our beautiful green campus offers a student-friendly setting in which to live and study, within easy reach of the action in the city centre.
Such is the pace of technological progress, you might even specialise in an emerging area which is not yet fully recognised. Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events. Fees for full time Undergraduate EU/International students will increase by 3% for each subsequent year of study. Fees for full time Undergraduate UK students may be increased in subsequent years of study by an inflationary amount determined by Welsh Government.
Support is also available to overseas students applying to the University from our International Office viaour how to apply webpageor Other qualifications will be considered individually; please contact us for information. Through large individual and group projects, you will graduate with a large portfolio of evidence for potential employers.
Please apply for only one Computer Science degree as we are only able to consider one application to this subject area. You will undertake some project work individually and some with other students. To give you an idea of what you will study on this programme, we publish the latest available information. However, please note this may not be for your year of entry but for a different academic year.
Add A Year In Industry
• Our diverse academic team will develop your knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts and how they can be applied to solve real-world problems. We have a direct Apply System which makes application easy and fast for international students. How to apply For further support for international applicants applying for postgraduate degree view our International hub. Career opportunities in the areas of IT and computing are many and varied, including IT consultants, system designers and programmers. You can view our full list of country specific entry requirements on our Entry requirements page. The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards achieving the intended learning outcomes.
- You’ll also receive access to an onboarding course that will help you get the most from your studies.
- In Years 3 and 4 about a third of your time is spent working on your chosen individual project.
- It also covers techniques and mechanisms used to secure computer systems and data to meet those requirements and protect them.
- This module exposes students to the principles of software design and construction.
- It is therefore primarily concerned with the problem of capturing and making sense of digital images.
- Four BSc Computer Science students explain why they think more women need to stand up and be role models for the next generation of computer scientists.
At the University of Birmingham we recognise that today’s computer scientists are in high demand and have a range of expertise. This year you’ll do your industry placement – which you’ve been preparing for over the past two years – aided by our network of industry contacts. This extensive training period allows you to learn within a professional context, giving you the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in the real world, as well as learning from those around you. Over 48 weeks you’ll gain experience and confidence, as well as a host of contacts – all essential in readying you for employment on graduation. Whether you want to work in programming and software development, or you’re keen to work with organisations to manage IT projects or oversee their information systems, this versatile degree will help you to achieve your aims. It is also a great foundation for further study at master’s degree or PhD level.
Tuition Fees And Scholarships
It means you can also transfer between our degrees up to the end of Stage 2. By studying a broad curriculum in your first two years, you’ll develop knowledge in different aspects of computing science, and gain highly desirable skills in problem solving, program design and implementation. The module will cover a mixture of theoretical and practical topics in the area of the Internet of Things , that is, the use of Internet technologies to access and interact with objects in the physical world. A practical component will consist of building the hardware and software for a sensor network and a system to collect, process and visualise data from that network. The module will develop practical skills in programming and problem solving using functional programming. There will also be a chance to apply functional programming to help understand better concepts in logic and mathematics.
Holders of the “Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skole” (before 1981 “Examen Artium”) with a minimum overall score of 4/6 (meget tilfredsstillende/very good) will be considered for entry to the first year of our undergraduate degree programmes. For study on our Foundation and Undergraduate programmes English language at grade C or above in the CIE O Level or Cambridge High School Certificate is sufficient to meet the standard English language requirements. For study on our Foundation and Undergraduate programmes, English language at grade C or above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education is sufficient to meet the standard English language requirements. For study on our Foundation and Undergraduate programmes, English language at grade C or above in the WAEC SSCE is sufficient to meet the standard English language requirements. For study on our Foundation and Undergraduate programmes, English language at grade C/6 or above in the Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education Examination is sufficient to meet the standard English language requirements.